Today 'green' is a good place to start . . . but being 'blue' comes with even more opportunities as Biosphere® packaging products save money, time and resources in the real world marketplace.
Blueware® serveware and Biosphere® bakeware products, make environmentally responsible business operations easy and efficient, requiring no modifications of your current recipes and existing preparation methods.
PERFORMANCE AND CONVENIENCE ADVANTAGES OF BIOSPHERE MATERIALS
- Improved efficiency and labor savings as items can be cooked, packaged, merchandized, served and reheated in the same pack
- Meet growing consumer and institutional demand for performance and earth friendly means of product delivery.
- Dual ovenable — consumers can reuse to reheat in a microwave or oven
- Ability to withstand freezing temperatures
- Excellent insulation properties and packaging is stable during storage
- Eliminates costs of water and energy used to wash dishes and trays
- Optional biodegradable moisture-resistant coated available products
ENVIRONMENTAL BENEFITS OF BIOSPHERE MATERIALS
- Composition closely resembles many starch based foods, and naturally decomposes the same way
- Naturally biodegradable in 40 days or less in the presence of moisture and air (10 days or less in an industrial compost)
- Compostable (home or industrial)
- Made almost entirely from abundant & readily available renewable raw materials
- Certified marine biodegradable ASTM D7081; Biodegradable Product Institute ASTM D7081 approved
- May be disposed in the paper recycling stream if composting is not an available option
- No harsh chemicals necessary for manufacturing
- Steam is the only manufacturing byproduct
BIOSPHERE IS A JOINT VENTURE WITH SEALED AIR CORPORATION. TOGETHER THE TWO COMPANIES PROVIDE:
- Access to Sealed Air’s world class research center and customer application testing facility
- Complete turn key solution from shrink films to equipment solutions
- Benefits of entrepreneurial innovation and market know-how to ensure long term success
- Biosphere full machine shop and modern aerospace design tools for customer mold development