We do not convert starch into plastic, but bake it, similar to the process of making bread, waffles or ice cream cones.
Biodegradability, Sustainability and BeyondFor the most part, participation in biodegradable packaging solutions is still voluntary.
Customer appreciation of their favorite brand manufacturers stepping up to embrace environmentally responsible business operations has been a well received value-added bonus.
The use of 100% sustainable materials for disposable packaging is that new frontier.
Biosphere® endeavors to provide innovative, active support for producers in their drive to do business in a new, earth friendly and sustainable way. View Independent Laboratory Certification Documents.
Biosphere Base Material
Our base material has been exclusively engineered to be made primarily of starches such as tapioca and potatoes and a smaller percentage of grass fibers making them not only biodegradable, but ultra Earth friendly using mostly yearly harvested raw materials.
- Biodegrades in 10 days in a commercial compost environment
- 100% biodegraded in 40 days or less in average [moisture & temperature] outdoor environment
- Primarily starch based
- Compostable (home or industrial)
- Made almost entirely from abundant & readily available renewable raw materials
- May be disposed in the paper recycling stream if composting is not an available option
- Certified European DIN/CERTCO ASTM D 6400:2004
- Certified per ASTM D6868 for General Degradability
- Certified per ASTM D7081 for Marine Degradability
- Certified Vinçotte OK compost (EN 13432) for Home and Commercial Composting
- Will not produce any toxicity during breakdown